A Year Without God?
Yup, at the end of 2013, former pastor Ryan Bell announced he was gonna “try on” atheism for a year. And boy, it didn’t take too long for the media to take notice.
So what made a life-long Christian, who pastored for nearly 20 years, do such a thing?
Well, it’s been over a year since his experiment began, and I had the opportunity to chat with him at his home in Pasadena, California.
So get ready … this episode is sure to get you thinking.
IN THIS EPISODE, RYAN ANSWERED THE FOLLOWING:
• What events led to your “Year Without God”?
• What difference does God make?
• How do you respond to skeptics?
• Did you ever “pray” during your atheist experiment?
• Why not “A Year Without Christianity?” instead of God?
• Why atheism? Why not deism? Pantheism?
• How would you define the God you reject?
• How did your “year without God” affect your family?
• How did the atheist community influence your journey?
• Do you ever miss the old notion of God you used to have? (e.g., a loving father, provider)
• Do you ever feel like your religious years were all a waste?
• What would it take for you to believe in God again?
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for chillin’ with me again this week. Have a question or some feedback you’d like to share? Or you wanna just show some love? Leave a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, I’d really appreciate it if you can leave me a REVIEW and RATING on iTunes by clicking here. It helps the podcast a lot and allows more people to discover it as well!
Then follow these steps:
1. Click “view in iTunes” button
2. Go to Ratings and Review.
Finally, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates so you’ll never miss a show!
Thanks again. Peace!
(Image Description: Ryan Bell speaking at Oklahoma Freethought Convention 2015 | Author: FreeOK)