Is there life after death? If so, what is it like?
In this episode, I interview Dr. Eben Alexander. A renowned academic neurosurgeon for over 25 years, he thought he knew how the brain, mind and consciousness worked. But in 2008, all of that changed.
What seemed to come out of nowhere, he went into a coma for a week and had an out-of-body/near-death experience into another realm that transformed his life forever.
Eben is the author of the New York Times Bestseller Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey Into the Afterlife, and his latest book is called The Map of Heaven: How Science, Religion, and Ordinary People Are Proving the Afterlife.
IN THIS EPISODE, EBEN ANSWERS THE FOLLOWING:
• What happened on November 10, 2008?
• You’re a pretty healthy guy who didn’t really get sick. So what happened?
• Back in the day you considered strange NDE stories to be “pure fantasy”. Why is that?
• What did you experience in these other realms?
• Was it a physical experience, or more of a dreamlike, ghostly appearance?
• You talked about not having a body during your experience? What did you mean?
• You said that “Language, emotion, logic: these were all gone”. How did you communicate?
• “Seeing and hearing were not separate in this place”. What did you mean?
• Did you see and meet “God”? If so, what did He/She/It look and sound like?
• You claim to have seen heaven, but is hell real, too?
• Can you describe the Realm of the Earthworm’s-Eye View?
• What about reincarnation?
• You talked about a girl and a butterfly. Tell us about that experience.
• What were the powerful and moving words the girl said to you?
• What do you say to the skeptic?
• Doesn’t the brain create consciousness?
• Can you share a little bit about your new book The Map of Heaven?
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
• Eben’s book Proof of Heaven
• Eben’s book The Map of Heaven
• Eben’s books (FREE AUDIOBOOK w/ 30-day trial membership on Audible.com [type in search])
• Eben on Facebook
• Eben on Twitter
SUPPORT THIS PODCAST TO HELP KEEP IT RUNNING!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for chillin’ with me again this week. Have a question or some feedback you’d like to share? Or you wanna just show some love? Leave a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, I’d really appreciate it if you can leave me a REVIEW and RATING on iTunes by clicking here. It helps the podcast a lot and allows more people to discover it as well!
Then follow these steps:
1. Click “view in iTunes” button
2. Go to Ratings and Review.
Finally, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates so you’ll never miss a show!
Thanks again. Peace!
(Image Description: Proof of Heaven and The Map of Heaven book covers & Eben Alexander)